By JULIE WHITE
This can be put together really quick for an appetizer, dinner or when you have company over — easy and delicious.
- 1 12-ounce ready made puff pastry, thaw if frozen
- 4 ounces red cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 8 ounces yellow cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/2 cup or one jar of sun-dried tomatoes sliced into slivers
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted and sliced (Kalamata, Nicosia or ordinary canned black olives)
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- Handful of Arugula drizzled with olive oil
- Handful of fresh basil
- Salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Put a baking or cookie sheet into the oven to heat up. Roll puff pastry into a 10- by 12-inch rectangle.
Prick all over dough with a fork. Mix all of the tomatoes and olives together and add salt and pepper.
Place the dough on preheated tray and cover with the tomato mixture. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with the cheese and Arugula. Serves four.