By Julie White
This is a very savory dish with tender meat and crunchy veggies. It is easy to make and fit for a special meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak, sliced thinly in 3-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup sugar snap peas (strings removed)
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind or peel
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (1 tablespoon ground ginger may be used, but fresh ginger is tastier)
- 2 cups fresh cooked white or brown rice
- Chopped green onions for garnish
Cut up beef, add 2 tablespoons cornstarch water and salt. Toss well. In a large skillet, add 1 to 2 tablespoons oil and stir the beef until done. Remove to a plate and keep warm. Stir-fry the vegetables in additional oil.
Place remaining cornstarch and broth in bowl. Add soy sauce, orange peel and ginger. Return beef, veggies and broth mixture to skillet. Bring to a boil and stir until thickened.
Serve over steaming hot rice, sprinkle with sliced green onions. Serves about 4.
“Love is the greatest refreshment in life!” —Pablo Picasso.