By Kimberly Creekmore | Owner | HairLoveDesignLLC
First, I want to thank you for reading this and my previous articles. I am Kim Creekmore, a trained master stylist, and overall hair junkie. I hope you have learned a few things from my previous expert advice. I have shared with you some great ways to choose your next hair stylist, caring for your hair during cancer treatment, the importance of color education and some of the horrors of color correction. And now I am excited to introduce my new hair salon in La Mesa, California: Cultivate, a HairLoveDesign Salon.
In my article, how to choose a hair stylist, I listed some of the things you should look for and evaluate before deciding who to trust with your hair. Today, I want to share how to choose a salon and what you should expect when visiting your hair care professional.
- You should be greeted warmly as soon as you enter the salon
- You should be offered a beverage, even if it is just water
- The front desk person or hair stylist, should welcome you by name if possible
- If you are asked to wait, you should have a comfortable area in which to do so
- You should also have a place to change into a smock (and you should be offered a smock to protect your clothing!)
- Once in your stylist’s chair, you should be encouraged to talk about what your expectations are for your hair
- If added value services are advertised, you should expect to receive them every time you visit (At Cultivate, every service comes with a complimentary aromatherapy neck and shoulder massage)
- Your stylist’s focus should be you and you alone
- You should be surrounded with positivity throughout your visit
- Your stylist should offer product information about what they are using, and help you to understand the best way to keep your hair salon perfect at home
The bottom line in every salon visit should be about you as the client. Your hair salon should be a place where you feel comfortable, pampered, beautiful, and walk away feeling like you were the most important person there. At Cultivate, a HairLoveDesign Salon, you will discover that welcoming environment. Your visit to Cultivate will begin with an in-depth consultation where you will be heard and understood. You will leave knowing you received the level of care and expert services you deserve.
Whether you are in need of a simple trim, or advanced color care, Cultivate specializes in the full spectrum of hair care. I am trained as a Master Hair Cut professional, and hair colorist with additional education and technical training through AVEDA, Toni & Guy and Sassoon, with a focus on continuing education to bring my clients the very best services.
Cultivate will also host education and training seminars for stylists to continue to elevate our skills and product knowledge. When you choose Cultivate, you are choosing the best. You are choosing a salon that cares about you and is dedicated to providing not only an amazing hair experience, but legendary customer service. Your happiness is not just our goal, but our mission.
To book an appointment, please visit www.hairlovedesign.com, or email me at Kim@HairLoveDesign.com and follow me on Instagram @HairLoveDesign or stop by Cultivate, a HairLoveDesign Salon at 4752 Palm Ave in La Mesa. I look forward to meeting you and giving you your very best hair!
Writing credits: Juliette Riddle and Kim Creekmore